My expertise is a game of two halves:
- How To Sell Things (Strategy)
- How To Sell Things (Writing)
- Kick off in Top 10 advertising agency account management: best training in the biz, midwifing class-defining campaigns
- Multi-faceted experience in independent childrenswear retail: buying, financial forecasting, marketing, promotions, pricing, stock management, store display, customer service, trade fairs. Alongside design and production of my own label melonbabywearlondon
- Digital marketing agencies: account management; creative strategy & executions
- For full service, design and digital agencies, SMEs, start-ups and individuals: creative strategy; brand identity; messaging strategy, TOV guidelines
- Qual research: focus group moderation and analysis for big brand advertising and NPD: here, under Qual Research in Services
- A broad range of wordy confections under Services: headlines; manifestos; bios; web content; social ads; ad scripts; case studies; promotional materials; magazine articles; product copy; emails; newsletters; engagement pieces; prospectus copy; poems– you get the idea
- Blog mumbojumbo and work in progress Books, on themes of emotional resilience: here, under Projects
- 1995 Eng Lit M.A, 2:1, Edinburgh Uni: (“Shows you can apply yourself.” Dad)
My services are a hybrid of both.
Sometimes it’s in an obvious way, where I do clipboard things with consumer insights and mission statements, then follow through to messaging.
Other times it’s latent, and I get stuck straight into the wordsmithing or concepting, always keeping the bigger picture in mind: words never operate in a vacuum.
I’m versatile, efficient, and cut straight to the heart of a brief.
Plus, I’m enthusiastic which, while annoying on a personal level, is a bonus for clients.
To see how I can annoy you, DROP ME A LINE.